The architecture including membership, internal functioning and interaction of the component parts of DANUBIUS-RI (the Hub, Nodes, Supersites, Data Centre and Technology Transfer Office) will be defined in WP5.
The objectives of WP5 are to: i. define the roles and contributions of the component parts (the Hub, which provides central direction and services: the Nodes, which provide expertise in key areas; the Supersites which are natural sites of scientific and societal importance for observation, analysis and research; the Data Centre; the Technology Transfer Office); and ii. draw up criteria for internal functioning and interaction, and changing or extending these in the future.
Key Tasks in WP5:
- T5.1. Review existing major European distributed research infrastructure architectures
- T5.2. Definition of roles and contributions of component parts
- T5.3. Hub
- T5.4. Nodes
- T5.5. Supersites
- T5.6. Data Centre
- T5.7. Technology Transfer Office
- T5.8. Creating the Virtual Research Environments ICT e-Infrastructure Office for applications
- T5.9. DANUBIUS-RI further development criteria and procedures